Tuesday 25 January 2011

Six Weeks



Six weeks you said. It’s nothing to do
With you.
It’s all about me and how I feel.
But you didn’t add
about you.

It knocked me for six;
Six weeks.
You’d be somewhere else,
Thinking thoughts apart
From me.

I hadn’t expected panic,
Or this
For that matter;
These six weeks
Of separation.

Not a break or a trial
You’re sure.
Just some time away
I’m meant to nod,
Say yes.

I can’t really see it
My life
On it’s own.
This time for good or
Six weeks.

Both feel like the same
But not.
One has an ending
I don’t know which.
You do.

I swallow hard and say
Nothing.
You kiss my head,
Walk out
Sad.

You must know though;
These six weeks,
What they’re for
That isn’t to do with me;
But for you.

You won’t tell me.
Not now.
But soon. You’re sorry
I’ll know that
In six weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment