Sunday 20 March 2011

A Thai Night

Something about being away again made me come back to this-I started it in Thailand and the picture only became more vivid to me after I left.

The heat abates suddenly and becomes a memory shared with the night.
I tell it about you too so our memory can stir into one.
It feels like it holds onto you for me like a net in the water.
I like it but it only makes it harder.

This is mine to have but what is it if I cannot share it with you?
Every thought and especially the pictures echo:
A hollow photograph of someone else’s choosing.
I never could be on my own.

What I did not know before I saw this blue sky,
Was that whoever else holds me dear,
There is always a bit of me left behind to watch with you.
Making crowds and solitude blur together.

No comments:

Post a Comment